China's Road into Latin America
Great Decisions 2020 | Topic 6
How does Latin America fit into China’s “One Belt, One Road” plan?
As the Trump administration continues to withdraw from the world stage, China is looking to fill the void. How does Latin America fit into China’s “One Belt, One Road” plan? How will the relationship with China affect the region? Should the U.S. be concerned about China’s growing “sphere of influence”?
Photo by Lintao Zhang/Getty Images
News on China in L.A.
- China and Latin America 2.0: What the Next Phase Will Look Like
- Latin America and China: Choosing self-interest
- INSIGHT: Watching China’s Continuing Investment Push in Latin America
- How China Is Reshaping International Development
- Asia looks to Latin America for heavy crude amid Iraqi Basrah supply risk
- China’s Belt and Road Reaches Latin America
China in L.A. Policy Options
- The geopolitics of China’s rise in Latin America
- Will Slower Growth in China Put Latin America at Risk?
- China-Latin America Relations: Beyond “Win-Win”
- How Latin America Factors Into the US-China Rivalry
Edited by Margaret Myers and Carol Wise
by Rhys Jenkins
by Kevin P. Gallagher
by David B.H. Denoon
by Rebecca Ray, Kevin Gallagher, Andres Lopez and Cynthia Sanborn
by Riordan Roett and Guadalupe Paz