Program Assistant, Latin America and the Caribbean
- Center for International Private Enterprise
- Washington, DC
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Entry Level
- Date Posted
The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and journalists to build the civic institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include anti-corruption, advocacy, business associations, corporate governance, democratic governance, access to information, the informal sector and property rights, and women and youth.
The Program Assistant for Latin America and the Caribbean is responsible for providing program and administrative support for CIPE’s programs for the entire Latin America and Caribbean region.
- Create and maintain a variety of program, financial, correspondence and contract files, both in paper form and electronically for the LAC department
- Process and track payment requests, grant modifications, documents for signature, narrative and financial reports, etc.
- Correspond via email and phone with program partners to coordinate program development and track program progression
- Assist in writing, reviewing, editing and preparing weekly and quarterly reports, program proposals, articles and other documents for submission to donor agencies and CIPE internal and promotional use
- Perform clerical duties, as needed
- Handle international travel arrangements and local meeting logistics.
- Adhere to appropriate office procedures, CIPE, NED and USAID policies and procedures
- Prepare routine correspondence and mailings.
- Develop and maintain systems for tracking project reports, approvals and payments
- Bachelors degree or equivalent required
- 2 years of administrative office experience
- Background in international affairs or Latin American affairs with an emphasis on political and economic issues and/or democracy development programs.
- Excellence in writing, reporting, and English composition
- Strong computer skills, specifically working with MS-Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook –
- Strong budget development and management skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to take initiative to manage multiple, detail-oriented tasks simultaneously with limited supervision
- Fluency in verbal and written Spanish required
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume or CV and cover letter, writing sample and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org; subject “LACPA-[YOURLASTNAME]”. Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
There is a two-page limit on writing samples. Submissions demonstrating writer’s ability to synthesize information are preferred. Applications submitted without writing samples will not be considered.
CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.