FPA U Seminar: Careers in International DevelopmentEvent offered by:
- Wednesday, March 30, 2011
6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
58 Park Avenue
New York , NY
- Event type
From multilateral actors to non-governmental organizations, careers in international development offer excitement and the chance to work towards the greater good.
This seminar will help you find a rewarding career in international development.
In this seminar you will learn:
- About current career opportunities in international development - learn which organizations, NGOs, and foundations are currently hiring
- About realities vs. misconceptions of working in international development - working in a home office vs. living in the field, realistic salary expectations, etc.
- What employers in international development are recruiting for - receive resume and cover letter tips, networking advice, and other valuable guidance
- How to navigate your career path once you've got your job
- And more
All attendees receive:
- the new FPA U Careers in International Development Tool Book
- automatic enrollment in the Foreign Policy Association Global Jobs email alerts
- light food and drink during a networking session
With nearly a decade of international recruitment experience, Kate Warren is the Director of Global Recruitment Services at Devex- the leading provider of recruiting services to the international development community. She works with the human resources departments of the major donor agencies (like World Bank, United Nations, USAID), NGOs and consulting firms that make development happen. Prior to joining Devex, Kate was a recruitment officer for International Relief and Development- an NGO working in over 40 countries- and a deputy program manager and international recruiter for Checchi and Company, Consulting Inc- a USAID consulting firm focused on institutional reform in developing and post-conflict countries. She previously recruited interpreters in more than 300 languages for US immigration courts and international conferences. With a pulse on hiring trends across the industry, and insider-knowledge on what it takes to break in, Ms. Warren is able to provide the practical information you need to get started or to advance your career in international development. Ms. Warren holds a bachelor's in Latin American studies from the University of Texas in Austin. She has lived in Argentina, Costa Rica and Mexico and speaks Spanish. She is a frequent speaker at seminars and contributor to articles on careers in international development.
Upcoming events in this area
Dec 7, 2017
New York, NY, NY
Dec 12, 2017
New York, NY